Morning times are hard enough for teens, and the added pressure of making a healthy breakfast can seem stressful. Waking up, getting dressed and becoming mentally prepared for the day all overshadow the choices you make for breakfast. You’ve heard teachers and parents say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and they are right! Having a healthy breakfast can make your day better simply by giving you the energy boost you need to get through the day. Breakfast smoothies have proved themselves to be a perfect, healthy morning choice among teenagers, filling them with the nutrients they need to ensure that their bodies are functioning to the fullest. Here are some simple steps to make your smoothie:
• Fruit (whatever you like)
• Fruit Juice (orange juice, pineapple juice, etc.)
1. First, start off with one tablespoon of yogurt. Make sure the yogurt is at the bottom of the cup and you have enough room for the other ingredients.
2. You will need to put ice into your smoothie next. You can add more or less depending on how thick you want your smoothie to be. The more ice there is, the thicker the smoothie will be.
3. Add your fruit in the cup and fill it up halfway.
4. Now add one cup of milk and one cup of fruit juice to the mixture. Once you add them, the liquids should cover the other ingredients up to the fill line. Once this is done, you can seal the ingredients in with the lid of the blender
5. Blend your smoothie and serve!
Smoothies make the best choice for breakfast food in the morning, so instead of grabbing something that slows you down or even skipping breakfast, try using these five easy steps to making a healthy smoothie. Gather you ingredients, put them in your cup and blend! It’s the simplest way to give yourself the boost you need to go on with your day!